Saturday, May 9, 2009

again...and again

So -- it has been a while, and yes, I have gotten you're subtle and not so subtle hints about getting something up. Actually my time away has been quite intentional. You see I have been -- busy (see last post), and in a different kind of place the past weeks (even months).

I don't feel like details here are important, but I will say that my orignal refusal to post was out of respect for those around me that I did not come off like a raving lunatic during life-stretching events over the past couple of months. Frankly, on any given day I could have sounded way to whiney, and anyone that knows me knows I only like to whine about important things (at least important things to me).

I don't want to make it sound like it wasn't a good life-stretching couple of weeks. Honestly - I learned a lot about myself and those around me. I have come to appreciate some things often under-appreciated by me. I have begun to appropriately value some things often over-valued by me. I guess you could say that I grew -- emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

Often during the past few months I have reminded myself about something that I believe Wiliam Danforth wrote -- " I would rather fail in the cause that someday will triumph than triumph in the cause that someday will fail." I have thought of that again..and again...and again.

No comments: